Introducing: The Southern Side of Paradise by Kristy Woodson Harvey
From internationally bestselling author and “rising star of Southern fiction” (Mary Alice Monroe, New York Times bestselling author) Kristy Woodson Harvey comes the third novel in her Peachtree Bluff series, in which a secret threatens the tight-knit bond between a trio of sisters and their mother.
With Kristy Woodson Harvey’s signature charm, wit, and heart, The Southern Side of Paradise is another masterful Peachtree Bluff novel that proves she is a “Southern writer with staying power” (Booklist).
Kristy will be signing copies of her new book The Southern Side of Paradise,
on June 6th 5:00 pm at the Country Bookshop 140 NW Broad Street | Southern Pines, NC 28387
What’s in my beach bag?
by Kristy Woodson Harvey
I live at the beach, so packing my beach bag is an every day occurrence during the summer. I don’t like it to be overloaded, so I am very particular about what goes in there—and, with a seven-year-old son, things can get crowded quickly! These are some of my tried-and-true, go-to beach staples that I return to year after year.
1. Kiss My Face Clear Sunscreen: If you have kids, you know that spray sunscreen is a total game-changer. This one is light, never sticky and doesn’t have any scary chemicals. Our whole family loves it and it gives us great coverage, so I don’t have to have five different sunscreens clanging around. (I also keep a Mineral Fusion powder stick to swipe over my face!)
2. Serena & Lily Beach Towels: We are obsessed with Serena & Lily beach towels. They are oversized enough to spread on the beach, lightweight enough that they don’t weigh your bag down, are super durable wash after wash and come in adorable colors. They’re our favorite!
3. Mrs. Everything. I am so lucky to get to read a lot of books early, and I can tell you that one of my favorite beach reads this year is Jennifer Weiner’s Mrs. Everything. It follows two sisters throughout their entire lives, from their girlhood in the ‘50s right on through. It’s poignant and resonant but also fun enough to make it qualify as a beach read.
4. Weleda Lip Balm. My hands-down favorite for chapped lips. It’s thick enough to stay on for hours.
5. J.Crew Textured Summer Straw Hat. I am in the sun pretty much every day all summer long, so I always like to have a good, big floppy hat to protect my face. J.Crew’s always fit the bill.
6. Amanda Lindroth Beach Bag. I’ll be honest: I have quite a few beach bags. But my favorite by a long shot is my Amanda Lindroth bag with my pink-and-white monogram painted on. It’s so cute!
7. Johnnie-O Swim Gear. My son is picky, picky, picky about what he wears, but Johnnie-O is a favorite. I always make sure to have an extra sun shirt and bathing suit in my bag for him so he can change into something dry on the boat ride home. Plus, they’re cute enough that we can grab dinner out on the way home.