With all of the gardening, hiking and other assorted outdoor activity with warmer weather, brighter skies and summer just around the corner, this recipe is an easy, go-to meal for a light lunch between kayaking trips and garden weeding. It’s equally perfect for a dinner with friends, served on the patio (of course), with a wine spritzer or glass of lemonade. Many thanks to Laura Buxenbaum, with The Dairy Alliance, for providing us another simple, healthy slam dunk.
- 2 1/2 cups grilled skinless, boneless chicken breasts (1/2-inch pieces)
- 1/2 cup non-fat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 cup cubed mango
- 1 cup dried, sweetened cranberries
- 1/2 cup walnuts coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup Mozzarella, cut into small cubes
- Grill chicken breasts, cut into small pieces and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, blend yogurt and curry with a whisk and stir in chicken, mango, cranberries, walnuts and Mozzarella.
- Mix well
- Serve on lettuce leaves if desired.